Reference Design - RD-7V3
V1.0 : 10th June 2015
The RD-7V3 provides a fully functional PCI Express Bridge interface with direct slave and DMA engine driven user interfaces, memory management interface and initial external IO interfaces for 10G Ethernet and SATA.
The reference design includes:
- Example "getting started" projects for Vivado IP Integrator.
- PCIe Backend IP core encrypted netlist, including high-performance scatter-gather DMA engines
- Board management and monitoring VHDL source code
- Comprehensive host device drivers for Linux and Windows 7
- Linux and Windows 7-64 bit edition API
- Bit-file reference design for SODIMM
- Reference design to demonstrate 10G Ethernet PHY connectivity
Also included is access to the Alpha Data Support download lounge for latest updates.
Note: RD-7V3 is not required if the intended for Xilinx SDAccel development.
Reference designs available:
|Example Design||Description||Comes with RD-7V3|
|Getting Started Block Diagrams|
|Basic PCIe Block Diagram Demo||Simple PCI Express End Point with memory mapped interface||✔|
|SDRAM PCIe Block Diagram Demo||Simple PCI Express End Point attached to onboard memory||✔|
|SFP+/QSFP+ IBERT Loopback Demo||Basic 10G/25G loopback test for SFP+/QSFP using pseudo random tester||✔|
|SFP+/QSFP 10GE XGMII Loopback Demo||10G XGMII to SFP+/QSFP tester||✔|
|SATA MAC IP and example PHY||Low Level SATA controller design||✔|
|DMA Streaming Block Diagram Demo||Example system using DMA across PCI Express to transfer data||✔|
|dimm_test||Memory Interface example Design||-|
|reg_access||PCIe Register Access Example||-|
|dma_demo||PCIe DMA Performance Example||-|
✔ - Available
↺ - In Development
- Data Center
- Network Accelerator
- High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Data Processing
- System Modelling
- Market Analysis
- PCI Express Bridge with DMA engines
- SODIMM DDR3 Memory Interface
- 10G Ethernet PCS to SFP+ interface
- SATA MAC interface
Alpha Data also provide initial email and telephone support for these products. Long term support can also be purchased as well as design services.