Salary: Excellent and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
This is an exciting opportunity within Alpha Data Parallel Systems Ltd.
Alpha Data is a leading global supplier of high-performance COTS reconfigurable computer platforms and support software. Alpha Data has established a global customer base and established a reputation for Cutting-edge designs.
Due to continued growth at our site in Edinburgh, we are looking for a Test Technician to join our team on a Full-Time basis.
Reporting to the Production Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Test printed circuit board assemblies according to test specifications using manual and automated tests.
- Use of test and measurement equipment to ensure product conformity.
- Debug and fault finding upon circuit board assemblies.
- Inspection of products for build quality.
- Monitor build quality and resolve quality issues as they arise.
- Assembly of circuit board metalwork.
- Updating and maintaining product database records.
- Configuring and preparing orders for shipping.
- Manage and resolve test queries.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general, technical documentation.
- Good levels of IT literacy including MS Office tools.
- Understand component identification codes such as resistors, capacitors, and ICs.
- Able to work effectively to deadlines and under pressure.
- Able to interpret engineering drawings and bills of materials (BOM).
- Be a Proactive and energetic individual with dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Great communication skills.
- Knowledge of best practices for ISO9001 and ESD protective environment.
- Keen interest in electronics.
- Knowledge of basic fault-finding tools.
- Rework and repair IPC 7711/7721.
- Previous experience working to IPC-A-610 class 3 and AS9100 standards desirable.
- Experience of working within a test department in Contract Electronics/OEM.
- Manufacturing/OEM environment or similar, 2yrs+ desirable.
- ONC, Degree or equivalent in the Electronics/Mechatronics.
To apply for this vacancy please complete our application form, which can be found here.