This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to Join Alpha Data Parallel Systems Ltd.
With Offices in Scotland and Colorado, Alpha Data is a leading global supplier of high-performance COTS reconfigurable computer platforms. From advanced embedded systems and signal processing to spaceflight or high-performance computing, our products are world-leading in terms of performance, flexibility, and scalability.
Alpha Data has established a global customer base to some of the most advanced companies in the world owing to our reputation for Cutting-edge designs upon forefront technologies.
Due to continued growth at our site in Edinburgh, we are looking for a Test Technician to join our team on a Full-Time basis.
Reporting to the Production Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Inspection of build quality upon densely populated SMT Circuit boards.
- Test PCB assemblies to specifications using manual and automated tests.
- Use of test and measurement equipment to ensure product conformity.
- Manage and resolve test
- Monitor build quality and resolve issues as they arise when possible.
- Debug and fault finding upon circuit board assemblies.
- Mechanical Assembly.
- Maintaining product database records.
- Configuring and preparing orders for shipping.
- CEM Supplier Visits.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general, technical documentation.
- Good levels of IT literacy including MS Office tools.
- Understand component identification codes such as resistors, capacitors, and
- Able to work effectively to deadlines.
- Able to interpret engineering drawings and bills of materials (BOM).
- Pro-active and energetic individual with dedication to supplying exceptional customer service.
- Excellent attention to detail and
- Great communication skills.
- Knowledge of best practices for ISO9001 and ESD protective environment.
- Keen interest in
- Knowledge of basic fault-finding tools.
- Knowledge of IPC-A-610 and AS9100 standards.
Experience of working within a test department in Contract Electronics/OEM. or similar, 2Yrs+ desirable.
ONC up to Degree or equivalent within Electronics/Mechatronics.
Excellent with benefits package (Bonus, Healthcare + more) commensurate with experience.