Salary: £ competitive
This is an exciting opportunity within Alpha Data Parallel Systems Ltd.
Alpha Data is a leading global supplier of high-performance COTS reconfigurable computer platforms and support software. Alpha Data has established a global customer base and reputation for leading edge design.
Due to continued growth at our site in Edinburgh we are looking for a Test Technician to join our team on a Full-Time basis.
Reporting to the Production Manager, responsibilities will include:
• Test printed circuit boards according to test specifications using automated tests.
• Assembly of circuit board metalwork.
• Updating and maintaining product database records.
• Configuring and preparing orders for shipping.
• Inspection of products for build quality.
• First level fault finding on products failing during process.
• Use of test and measurement equipment to ensure product conformity.
• Manage and resolve test queries.
• Monitor build quality and resolve quality issues as they arise.
• Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general, technical documentation.
• Good levels of IT literacy including MS Office tools.
• Understand component identification codes such as resistors, capacitors and ICs.
• Able to work effectively to deadlines and under pressure.
• Able to interpret engineering drawings and bills of materials (BOM).
• Be a Proactive and energetic individual with dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Knowledge of best practices for ISO9001 and ESD protective environment.
• Keen interest in electronics.
• Knowledge of basic fault finding tools.
• Previous experience working to IPC-A-610 class 3 and AS9100 standards desirable.
• Experience of working within a test department in Contract Electronic Manufacturing/OEM environment or similar, 2yrs+ desirable.
• ONC-HND or equivalent in the Electronics/Mechatronics discipline.