Salary: £ competitive
This is an exciting opportunity within Alpha Data Parallel Systems Ltd.
Alpha Data is a leading global supplier of high-performance COTS reconfigurable computer platforms and support software. Alpha Data has established a global customer base and reputation for leading edge design.
Due to continued growth at our site in Edinburgh we are looking for a Material Controller to join our team on a Full-Time basis.
Reporting to the Production Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Ordering parts, ensuring all orders are raised with purchase orders within procurement system.
- Recording parts received, processing delivery notes, checking verification all items have been received, completing initial quality check on day of arrival and storage of all parts received in a timely manner and in correct locations.
- Database management, including stock transfers and maintaining traceability and quality records.
- Stock control, current and forecast.
- Component kit preparation for distribution to subcontractors.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good levels of IT literacy including MS Office tools.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general, technical documentation.
- Able to work effectively to deadlines and under pressure.
- Be a Proactive and energetic individual with dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
- Understand component identification codes such as resistors, capacitors and ICs.
- Knowledge of best practices for ISO9001 and ESD protective environments.
- Knowledge of Sage 200, but not essential as training will be provided.
- ONC-HNC or equivalent in Electronics/Mechatronics.
- Proven track record for optimizing process performance.
- Previous experience of purchasing and stock management.
- Experience of materials management in Contract Electronic Manufacturing environment or similar, 2yrs+.